Tuesday 29 January 2013

Smells like Team Spirit

 Learning Lesson #1, don't try to be everything to everyone as you will soon spread yourself too thin and when you do that, you weaken the event  Everyone needs a good group to work with, even if that group consists of two people, it's still a group.
I once did an event where I was the event planner, the caterer, the bartender, the decorator, waitress, and who knows what else, all because I thought I had to do it all. I learnt quickly, I may have juggled it all, but was I ever burnt out afterwards.
If you can get a team, reliable people who you trust and are willing to help, you'll be laughing and really able to enjoy what you are doing.
Being able to delegate is so important with any kind of event; but remember, just because you've asked someone you trust to do something for your event, it's always important to keep them on task, have meetings, ask for updates.
If you are able to ask for help, you will be able to do anything. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment